– I guess you mean in relation to ‘STEP 4.7 MAINTAIN PERMANENTS’: OK so I think I understand that in this instance the card could not be discarded by the controlling player, because they did not play it themself- is this correct? I think my confusion centers around what “their” card means in the context of a co-op players turn…
Let’s make a distinction, there is the Active Player, and a Controlling Player. An Active Player is the player that is currently Controlling the Primary target and facing the Dungeon’s Retaliation. A Controlling Player is the owner of a particular card whether it is an Adventurer or a Tactic card.
– The permanent card ‘Back pack’… can a controlling player spend another player’s backpack, to gain cards for themself?
No. Assuming you meant the Active Player, they are not the Controller of the Backpack.
– ‘Elite’ card: Assuming it is still a played permanent, does it grant all players an increased hand limit?
No. Only the Controller. It doesn’t matter who’s Resources are being used, but only the Controller gains this benefit.
– ‘Moving Search’ card: How do Tactics cards work in co-op? Is the effect a one off on the controlling player’s turn, or can it be repeated by subsequent players each turn? (as it has not yet been discarded)
Thanks for your patience with my questions. I know its a co-op experience, but I plan to play co-op with my 2 young daughters, and the clearer I can be RE rules from day 1, the better I’ll avoid potential sibling arguments!
Also, you’re quite welcome AND thank you, I do feel that this has brought to light many additional clarifications that would need to be worked on for the next rule version. I may need to simplify some things, solidify some rules, and create clearer terms for co-op.
“– ‘Moving Search’ card: How do Tactics cards work in co-op? Is the effect a one off on the controlling player’s turn, or can it be repeated by subsequent players each turn? (as it has not yet been discarded)”
To clarify, I mean to query what would happen if ‘Moving Search’ is played by the non-controlling player.
It would activate on the Active player’s turn regardless of who the Controller is.
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by GiftedVision.